2014-present Director, BioNano Health Guard Research Center, KRIBB
2013-2014 Director, Bioconvergence Research Institute, KRIBB
2004-2013 Chief Professor, NanoBio Major, UST
2003-2014 Director, BioNanotechnology Research Center, KRIBB
1997-2003 Head of Laboratory, KRIBB
1987-1997 SeniorResearch Scientist, KRIBB
1984 – 1987: Ph.D., Department of Chemical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science &Technology(KAIST)
1982 – 1984: M.S., Department of Chemical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science &Technology (KAIST)
1978 – 1982: B.S., Department of Chemical Engineering, Seoul National University
- Development of Nano-biochips, Nano-biosensors and Nano-biomaterials based on the exploitation and utilization of bio-content
- Development of new tools for drug discovery and new technologies for diagnosis and treatments of diseases by BINT convergence research
InternationalJournal Editorial Board Members
- Associate Editor, Nano Convergence
- Advisory Editorial Board, European Biophysics Journal
- Editorial Board, Biochip Journal
“Color-TunablePhotoluminescent Fullerene Nanoparticles”Adv. Mater.2012, 1999.
“Nonstick, Modulus-Tunable and Gas-Permeable Replicas for Mold-Based, High-Resolution Nanolithography, Adv. Funct.Mater.2011, 3681.
“Splitting and Self-assembling of Far-red Fluorescent Protein with an Engineered Beta Strand Peptide: Application for Alpha-Synuclein Imaging in Mammalian Cells”Biomaterials.2011, 9051.
“Synthesis and Characterization of a Photoluminescent Nanoparticle Based on Fullerene-Silica Hybridization”Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.2009, 5296.
“Multiplexed Imaging of Therapeutic Cells with Multispectrally Encoded MagnetofluorescentNanocompositeEmulsions”J. Am. Chem. Soc.2009, 17145.
Over 200 peer review papers (international), 50peer review papers (domestic), 130 patents